President Biden is hosting leaders from across the African continent in Washington, DC on December 13-15, 2022, for the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit.
The Summit will demonstrate the United States’ enduring commitment to Africa, and will underscore the importance of U.S.-Africa relations and increased cooperation on shared global priorities.
Africa will shape the future — not just the future of the African people, but of the world. Africa will make the difference in tackling the most urgent challenges and seizing the opportunities we all face.
The U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit will build on our shared values to better:
- Foster new economic engagement
- Advance peace, security, and good governance
- Reinforce commitment to democracy, human rights, and civil society
- Work collaboratively to strengthen regional and global health security
- Promote food security
- Respond to the climate crisis
- Amplify diaspora ties
- Promote education and youth leadership
From The Shadows Emerges Knowledge